Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
sblantipodi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Try & Buy on BB10

it should work but I have only one SKU for BB OS7 and PlayBook and now I cannot update BBOS7 because it says me that the try and buy method is no more supported.

Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

gbeukeboom wrote:

It should still work for OS7, this model was only removed for BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook.

bump. I answered above.

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Sorry, what is your question? 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

where is a guide that teach me how to implement a similar try & buy method with android runtime?
I want to give a free and complete trial for 7 days, once 7 days passed, I want to be paied for a lifetime license or the software expire.

My software already supports all the activation process but now, it uses the try and buy method doing an HTTP POST to RIM servers, how can I make it compatible with the new way of doing licensing on app world?

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

You could create a digital good that uses dynamic licensing in the App World server.

Within your application you could measure how long the app has been installed. If it has been over 7 days and the digital good has not been purchased you can then lock out all functionality.

If the good is purchased then the app is unclocked.

If you need help with any part in particular please let me know.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

my app already supports this licensing using the old try and buy method using HTTP Post to RIM servers.

Before you switched to "digital good" was the app world to manage the selling process, at the end of this process the App World asked to my server for an activation code using the HTTP POST and get a reply from my server with the code generated upon the device id.

How can I do a similar thing now?

Thanks for the answer.

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

The HTTP Post will be done from App World to your server when a digital good that uses dynamic licensing is purchased.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

I don't understood what digital good is, suppose that I add a digital good to my actual project.

Can you explain me the difference of the old try and buy model, and the actual try and buy using digital goods?

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Try and Buy is no longer supported so you need to implement this yourself. You can do it anyway you like, there is no set way, however I have suggested creating a digital good (in your App World vendor portal) and using the in-app-paymnet/marketplace APIs to purchase the digital good to unlock the entire app.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

gbeukeboom wrote:

Try and Buy is no longer supported so you need to implement this yourself. You can do it anyway you like, there is no set way, however I have suggested creating a digital good (in your App World vendor portal) and using the in-app-paymnet/marketplace APIs to purchase the digital good to unlock the entire app.

ok but where is the documentation of the APIs needed to purchase the digital good.

Please use plain text.