Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
sblantipodi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Try & Buy on BB10

I don't know if you understood what you are talking about or you are just here to spend some time.

I'm asking for documentation and code sample of the "Android Market APIs".

For "Android Market APIs" I mean "RIM Android Market APIs" since if I really don't think that RIM's devices support the google api since I need to pay RIM not google.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

sblantipodi wrote:

I don't know if you understood what you are talking about or you are just here to spend some time.

I'm asking for documentation and code sample of the "Android Market APIs".

For "Android Market APIs" I mean "RIM Android Market APIs" since if I really don't think that RIM's devices support the google api since I need to pay RIM not google.

If you're not going to be nice I'm afraid I won't continue posting to this thread.

BlackBerry *does* support the Android Market APIs. There are *no* special APIs needed to make purchases on BlackBerry from within an Android app. The only considerations are:

1) Payments on BlackBerry can only occur one at a time

2) Payment responses are unsigned

Keep in mind that the Android runtime was implemented on BlackBerry, so any calls that would traditionally go to the Android Market are now routed and configured for BlackBerry World.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

gbeukeboom,

Do you have any advice for transitioning an existing  product to in-app purchasing?  

I have hundreds of users with a license based on the device PIN (dynamic licensing model) but as of BB10 10.1  the telephony API is broken which was the only way I know of to obtain the PIN programmatically from an Android app.

It now looks like I will need to switch to an in-app purchase model but how can I transfer existing licenses?  

My experience with "porting" my Android app to BlackBerry has been, and continues to be, very frustrating  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

barees63 wrote:

gbeukeboom,

Do you have any advice for transitioning an existing  product to in-app purchasing?  

I have hundreds of users with a license based on the device PIN (dynamic licensing model) but as of BB10 10.1  the telephony API is broken which was the only way I know of to obtain the PIN programmatically from an Android app.

It now looks like I will need to switch to an in-app purchase model but how can I transfer existing licenses?  

My experience with "porting" my Android app to BlackBerry has been, and continues to be, very frustrating  :smileysad:

This likely merist it's own thread. Could you please post a new thread then post back here with the URL?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

New thread here

Please use plain text.