Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
sblantipodi
My Device: Not Specified

Verify APK

Hi,

I added the blackberry nature to my android project after installing the blackberry plugin.

If I click on "Verify APK" nothing happen. it load something that it finishes without any message.

Why?

I'm sure that my software isn't fully compatible with the RIM environment since I use the market apis.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
towps
My Device: BB10 alpha dev simulator
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Verify APK

I'm seeing the same thing. I know that my android app isn't yet compatible but I want the verify to tell me, just to see that things are working.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
mwhiteman
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

When you run Verify APK, a warning file (wrn) will be created in the 'dist' folder of your project. You should also see any warnings or errors generated in the Problems view within Eclipse. If your applicaiton is fully supported you won't see any items in the Problems view, but a warning file with zero warnings will still be generated.

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

I just ran Verify APK for a project that has no problems. It did not create a 'dist' folder and no .wrn file was created anywhere in the project folder hierarchy. I then created a 'dist' folder and verified again; still no .wrn file.

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
towps

[ Edited ]

thanks for the reply,

i'm not sure i'm seeing any warning in the problems window but I do see the WRN file in my BIN which is accurately informing me that mapView is not compatible. Cool. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
towps

try checking your project BIN, or do a search in your project directy for WRN files.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
towps

[ Edited ]

hey so how do i delete an irrelevant post?

Please use plain text.
mwhiteman

Sorry, about that. You'll see a warning file in the dist folder when you package an APK to a bar file. You should see a warning file in the bin folder of your project. You may have to refresh after you run Verify APK.

Cheers,

Matt Whiteman
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

There's definitely no .wrn file generated when I run Verify APK on a project that should generate no warnings. I searched the project hierarchy for a .wrn file with Windows Explorer to be sure.

I haven't explicitly packaged the project into a .bar file; I had previously installed the project on a PlayBook in development mode, so a .bar file had been generated in bin/classes. But again, no .wrn file anywhere.

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.
mwhiteman

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it looks like if your project has no errors or warning, a wrn file is not generated.

Would some sort of dialog or prompt letting you know no errors/warnings were found be a good addition for a future release?

Matt Whiteman
Please use plain text.