Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
barees63
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Waiting for signing keys

Is anyone else having trouble getting signing keys delivered?  I've been waiting 24 hours and have submitted two orders (website suggests reordering if you haven't received wityhin 2 hours), I've also sent a query to CodeSigningOrders@blackberry.com and got no response apart from the automated reply.

With such a very tight deadline it would be nice if RIM could respond a bit quicker.. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
crazydog
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Waiting for signing keys

I've been having the same problem since Friday. No keys yet, no response but the autoreply from the status email.
Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63

I've had two responses from support promising to resolve it and have now (at their prompting) submitted 4 orders.. still no keys, going on for 48 hours, the process is obviously broken (why am I not in the least bit surprised?)..

Offer a free Playbook then make sure as few people as possible can qualify?

Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63

This the end of the road for me and RIM, I've been developing BlackBerry software since 2008 but it has always been an uphill struggle against gross incompetence at RIM, I have now been trying to get tablet signing keys for 5 days, have had 4 bull**bleep** responses from support promising to get it fixed and still nothing, the free playbook offer represented the only slim chance that I might learn enough about QNX to port my BB apps to it.  Having been working almost exclusively with Android for the last few months has thrown RIMs shortcomings into sharp relief for me.

The experience with the signing keys has only confirmed that nothing will ever change or improve at RIM. Sad. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63

[ Edited ]

OK, finally got the keys.. probably too late but just thought I should mention it to close this thread.  As it happens the problem was at my end (a Gmail filter that deleted the email) so I apologize to the group for my frustrated (and as it turns out, unjustified)  rantings and will now go and make myself scarce.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

I signed up perhaps a week ago, both codes came through within 3 hours.

Lol @ OP's gmail filters

Please use plain text.
Developer
barees63

Yeah, my face is red :smileyembarrassed: , I had setup a gmail filter years ago to deal with the hundreds of signing confirmation emails from the BB OS signer, unfortunately this also caught the emails with the tablet keys..  One day I'll learn not to post when I'm in a bad mood :Rolleyes:

Please use plain text.