Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
Veaceslav
My Device: BlackBerry Simulator
Accepted Solution

When clicking on the "Info" button from the bottom action bar, the app crashes.

Hello,

Recently we ported successfully an Android application on BlackBerry 10.

Everything worked fine, except the thing that when clicking the "Info" button from the action bar that appears at the bottom of the screen - the application crashes.

I suppose that button should display an About, or Help page. We do have in our application a such page (as an ActionItem in the ActionBar).

So, is there a way we can fix this, so that when clicking the "Info" button to display our About page? Or at least to do something to prevent the app from crashing, for example hide that button.

PS: We tested the app in the BB 10 Dev Alpha Simulator.

Thank you.

Retired
mwhiteman
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Re: When clicking on the "Info" button from the bottom action bar, the app crashes.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This is actually a known issue in the current Android Runtime on the BlackBerry 10 simulator release. It has nothing to do with your application, as this action bar is part of the Android Runtime and not your application. Normally when you section the "Info" button you would see a screen showing you have to use the back swipe gesture used in Android Runtime applications. If you wanted your own About button ,you would have to create your own menu.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
New Contributor
Veaceslav
My Device: BlackBerry Simulator

Re: When clicking on the "Info" button from the bottom action bar, the app crashes.

Matt thank you a lot for your answer.

From this quote: "a known issue in the current Android Runtime on the BlackBerry 10 simulator release.", do I understand correctly that the issue appears only on the simulator, and on a real device it will work?

Retired
mwhiteman
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Yes, that is correct. This issue is only limited to the Simulator.

Thanks,

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators