Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Re: When do you receive your shipping info request after approval?

They approved your app so don't think about bugs: it seems to work.

So: Press on "Post for Sale" and wait for your PlayBook.

New Developer
GallComp
My Device: BlackBerry Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile

tweedie wrote:

Just that, to be honest, I rather test the app on a playbook device first before I "post for sale" for any bugs, etc.

No need to worry about that. The reason why it takes so long for the blackberry team to approve the applications is because they test them on real devices. If they find any bug then the app gets denied.

And to answer the first part of your question, you need to select "Post for sale" to make your App live,

Please use plain text.
tweedie
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Thanks TheVaan and GallComp.  I've put it up for sale, so hopefully I'll hear from Blackberry soon.  Testing on an emulator is painfully slow and with no multi touch support - so can't wait for the device to see how it is.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Yeah! Switched to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to debug my app. (had to add my user account every time I pushed the app to the simulator - that sucks).

Result: Layout didn't match exactly but it got approved and I fixed the layout thing the day I received my PlayBook :smileyhappy:

Contributor
BoolRider
My Device: Developer

"I see my options are when I log into the app word is that I can "send for review" or "Post for sale".  Am I suppose to select either of them to get the free device (and shipping info email)"

If your app is approved, you should see "Post for Sale", if you see "Send for Review" that means you added another release to the app. You can post it for sale now but I believe it's going to post the last approved release. Your new release will not be posted until they approve it.

You should send your new release for review, then it's up to you whether you want to post the old version up for sale or wait for approval of new release before you post it up for sale. If you're worried whether they won't send you the order form until you post it for sale, you can always post it for sale, then remove it from sale, then post it for sale at a later date. You post it for sale and then remove it so that the system logs you as having posted something for sale while the product is not actually there. Then you can make your changes and post it for sale later while still getting the PlayBook order form.

Does it work? Yes, because that's what I did. I posted my app for sale, then realized I wanted to change some things so I removed it from sale and I still got the order form. But IMO they probably send the order form based on whether you were approved, not whether you posted it for sale.

And for the rest of you guys, just wanted to let you guys know what happened with me:

1. So I was approved around the 9th or 10th I believe and they told me there was a delay in shipping it out after I had filled out the order form around the 13th I believe? They shipped it last week on Friday I believe and it took until today for it to arrive. From the 10th to the 29th. Yikes. Good thing is I got it, thanks RIM!

2. There appears to be problems with the tracking. People here have said that it was delivered to the wrong address on the FedEx tracking. I had a similar experience. The FedEx page had the correct destination but the log shows it was attempting delivery in a city I don't live in. In reality they were delivering it in my city. Even now the log shows it was delivered in the wrong city, but the tablet is in my hands. So the log is incorrect, don't go by what the log says. If it says it's out for delivery in a city you don't live in, it's probably being delivered in your city, it's just the tracking log is wrong.

3. Inside the package you get a nicely cushioned PlayBook box and they slipped in a nice thank you letter from RIM on how you helped their app ecosystem. First impressions: The packaging on this thing is top notch. They went all out, I've never seen a device with such luxurious packaging. The build quality is also top notch. It feels good in your hands, it feels very "professional/executive."

Thanks RIM! Hope you guys get your PB's and enjoy!

Please use plain text.