Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

My Device: None
My Carrier: 2533031076
Accepted Solution

Widgets Supported?

Hello -

I haven't done any BB development before, but have a couple of Android apps I'd like to port to BB.  Does the Playbook Android runtime support widgets?  I get this error when I try to verify my apk with the Verifier:

[#1] minLaunchable-activity-count:impact=5:1:found=0 BlackBerry Verifying Problem

I assume because I don't have an activity that is launched from the launcher that it doesn't like my apk...

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Widgets Supported?

The PlayBook UI has no widgets (it looks nothing like an Android homescreen) so widgets aren't supported as there'd be nowhere to display them.

--------
Taylor Byrnes
New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Orange

if you try the APK verifier you should get an error...because the verifier is waiting an activity (of course if you have a preferenceactivity the verifier should valid the apk oO)
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Blackberry Tablet UI isn't designed to display widgets or other android desktop elements. Too bad for me I have some android apps with cool widgets :smileysad: meeh :smileysad:
Same with my live wallpapers... no way to port them :smileysad:
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You can find all the features supported and unsupported here: http://goo.gl/J0oOf

sadly Widgets are not supported