Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
ahmedgalal
My Carrier: Mobinil
Accepted Solution

blackberry simulator 10 simulator alpha with simcard

Am trying to port my android application to blackberry 10, i am using the simulator and everything is setup okay, however my application requires that the phone has simcard inserted, is there anyway to simulate a simcard ?

I'v looking at the controller and the simulator but cant find anything.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
mwhiteman
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: blackberry simulator 10 simulator alpha with simcard

Hello,

Unfortunately, the simulator cannot simulate a simcard. If you need to test against a simcard and network services, you'll need a physical device.

Just in case, you can check which telephony APIs we currently so not support here: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/unsupportedapi_blackberry10_hardware_features.htm...

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: blackberry simulator 10 simulator alpha with simcard

I guess that if this feature works correctly on a Android device, you can assume it will work on the BB10. It is a wild guess of course, but in most case the functionality will be rather the same.

Or of course try to get your hands on a real device (Dev Alpha, Z10, Q10) to be absolutely sure. In most cases I would suggest you could test it on a Playbook, but in this case you would have to make sure it is one with a SIM card.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.