Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Visitor
ima747
My Device: Playbook

native-code:impact=5:armeabi error in project after adding Nature

[ Edited ]

Third try at getting this message to post...

I've set up the blackberry plugin in eclipse and conigured it and the playbook for development. When I add BlackBerry Nature to my app project it no longer compiles and throws the following error

native-code:impace=5:armeabi

I have no idea what that means and can't find any information on it... This app has already passed validation through the web tool and is on the app store so I know it works.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: native-code:impact=5:armeabi error in project after adding Nature

What are the versions of your ADTs?  Does this error occur with all applications you try to build or just this one?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
massimobio
My Device: PlayBook

I have the same issue:

native-code:impact=5:armeabi-v7a

Running ADT 1.0.3

Also the above BlackBerry Verification Problem won't go away even if I remove Nature.

Can no longer compile my project.

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

Well, you're using native (c/c++) code within your project. And native code is "not supported" in android player.
"not supported" - means your .so libraries are compiled for wrong cpu, in this case generic armeabi v7a. android player only supports .so libraries compiled for arm v7le (qnx variant of arm, I think). Admin, please correct me if I'm wrong :smileyhappy:

addxb
My Device: Blackberry 9700, Playbook OS 2.1

I agree to what you said, landed in the same problem. Could you help with methods on converting v7a to v7le ??

Thanks!
Regular Contributor
dlacerte
My Device: BB Z10

I am running into this error when building my Android app in Eclipse using the Blackberry plug-in. This doesn't make sense because we have this Android app running on the Blackberry just fine when converted using the online tool. It would seem the verification process via the plug-in is more stringent than the online tool, and overly so since the app seems to be running fine! It would be great to be able to debug the Android app to trace down some BB specific bugs so it would be great to get a solution to this problem with the Eclipse BB plug-in.

Regular Contributor
dlacerte

More investigation on this... I built an APK file via Eclipse/ADT (which contains native code). I then converted this APK file into a BAR file using the steps at

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/tutorial-run-any-android-2-3-3-app-blackbe...

and this loads and runs fine on my BB Q10 device. BUT, Eclipse/ADT will complain that this SAME APK FILE fails verification:

[2013-07-02 12:50:09 - Bria] Finished verification with warnings or errors, check Problems View for more details.

[2013-07-02 12:50:09 - Bria] Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Click the "Details" button to see details null children=[Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Packaging project Bria is skipped because it has verification errors null]

so I can't run/debug it from within Eclipse/ADT. It seems to me there is a bug in the verification process. Is there some way we can disable the verification step in Eclipse/ADT so that we can proceed with this tool?

jdreher
My Device: Z10

Hi everyone,

This error is related to native code (JNI) not being supported within the BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps. The level 5 error signifies that this is a severe error which will cause the app to crash, likely on startup.

BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps - Unsupported Software Features

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/unsupportedapi_blackberry10_software_features.ht...

Test your application - Check compatibility

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/test_your_app_1985225_11.html

In lieu of native code not being supported on our Android development platform, be sure to check out the BlackBerry Native SDK as well.

BlackBerry Native SDK

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/

James Dreher
Regular Contributor
dlacerte

Hi James,

Thanks for the information, but as I said the app is running fine and we've put it through quite a bit of testing already with ony a few issues coming up and definitely no crashes on startup. We're following the instructions from your second link "If your app uses any of these features but you feel that it should still be functional on a BlackBerry 10 device, before submitting your app to BlackBerry World, fully test it to ensure that your app's usability and functionality are not affected.". :-) Is there a way to disable the verification step so that we can get past this to debug the app? I tried removing the "net.rim.ajde.internal.verifier" step added to the .project file but I still see the verification process failing.

Dominique

Contributor
IsmaCF
My Device: BB10

I understand it is not possible to use Android Native code, but, can we use BlackBerry native code from the Android Runtume?

Is there a tutorial or somethign about this?