Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Maxis
Accepted Solution

problem with the setting button on every blackberry 10 android app

Hi, recently my app just got rejected due to the prebuilt setting button on the top of the android app (when you swipe from top to down, the setting button appeared). How can I code a function for it?

Thank you

Regards,

Tan Jit Ren

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: problem with the setting button on every blackberry 10 android app

Hello,

This is functionality you have added to your application. If you do not have settings for your application, you can just remove that functionality in your code. There are many ported Android applications that do no use any sort of menu or settings.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Maxis

unfortunately we did not add the setting button into it. When you swipe down, the setting button will appeared. We can't control the setting button. Seems like this is known issue, I contacted RIM support and they finally allow my app to pass  the test without needed to change anything.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Just to clarify when you swipe down are you seeing a menu at the top of your application or are you seeing our action bar at the bottom of the screen? If you are seeing our action bar, the menu button on the right would only show an application menu if you added one to your application. Hopefully that helps clarifies things.

Good to hear your application was approved!

Cheers

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators