Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

"Action not supported" message in Webview

Hi, I'm using a webview to present the helpfile of my App. This works prefectly with Android, but on the Playbook I get an error when tryiing to follow a link to another local page:

Action not supported

Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW cat=[android.intent.category.BROWSABLE] dat=file:///android_aset/droidhelp/FAQ.html (has extras)

Is there anything I can do to overcome this problem easily (besides putting all help content on one page) ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Re: "Action not supported" message in Webview

You are linking to the wrong path:

You link to "file:///android_aset/droidhelp/FAQ.html"

But it has to be: "file:///android_assets/droidhelp/FAQ.html"

Regards

TheVaan

[ Edited ]

I do not think so. I'm linking to a relative path. So the main html loads just fine but the relatively linked FAQ page doesn't (but you are right; I had a typo in the error message: asset instead of aset ). 

I'm loading index.html just fine using:

wb.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/droidhelp/index.html");

Index.html has a relative link to FAQ.html and when I click that I get the error mentioned above. The exact same code and exaxt same helpfile load just fine on all android versions and devices (I did not change a single letter of code).

Developer

Hmm... If this is working under Android there could only be a problem with the intent which is called on link clicking...
New Contributor

I do not understand why an intent is called. The page is allready open in a webview and there is no need to start another intent (the webview should just open that link as it did with the main page).  I replaced the links (iWeb navbar) with regular links (see below) and clicking that link also gives me that Action Not supported error.

<a title="FAQ.html" href="FAQ.html">FAQ</a>

New Contributor

Your remark helped me find the problem. I had to add webviewclient to the webview:

wb.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient() {
                    @Override
                    public boolean shouldOverrideUrlLoading(WebView view, String url) {
                        view.loadUrl(url);
                        return true;
                    }
                });

Thanks.

Developer

That's the problem if you post no source code... thought you had a webviewclient in your webview... 

Good that it's working now!