Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 10.2
Accepted Solution

repackaging android code-apk "android sdk path is not set"

Hello Friends,

I try to convert my android code for playbook OS

when I try to repackaging it I got follwing error.

[2013-05-15 12:18:44 - Hello] Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Click the "Details" button to see details null children=[Status ERROR: com.qnx.tools.bbt.core code=0 Packaging failed:-1

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\eclipse>set LIB=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ajde_1.5.2.201302260701\blackberry.tools.SDK\bin\\..\lib

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\eclipse>java -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx512M -cp "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ajde_1.5.2.201302260701\blackberry.tools.SDK\bin\\..\lib\BARPackager.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ajde_1.5.2.201302260701\blackberry.tools.SDK\bin\\..\lib\Apk2Bar.jar" net.rim.tools.apk2bar.Apk2Bar "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\Hello\bin\Hello.apk" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\sdk\" -t "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\Hello\bin\classes" -d "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\debugtoken1.bar" Apk2Bar version 1.5.2

Research In Motion Ltd ? 2012 All rights reserved.

[ERROR] Invalid argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\sdk" -t C:\Documents

[ERROR] Invalid argument: and

[ERROR] Invalid argument: Settings\Administrator\workspace\Hello\bin\classes -d C:\Documents

[ERROR] Invalid argument: and

[ERROR] Invalid argument: Settings\Administrator\Local

[ERROR] Invalid argument: Settings\Application

[ERROR] Invalid argument: Data\Research

[ERROR] Invalid argument: In

[ERROR] Invalid argument: Motion\debugtoken1.bar

[ERROR] Android SDK path is not set.

apk2bar is a tool to verify & convert apk files to bar files.

Usage :

apk2bar [] [] [-t ][-w[1-5]] [-a ] [-d []] [-m] [-rv] [-etr|-etl|-etn] [-ci] [-la] [-R] [-os ]

Where:

<source file(s) or folder(s)> - the relative or absolute path(s) of .apk, .cfg, .mf, and .png file(s) or folder(s) containing the file(s) for conversion

[<blacklist file>] - optional path to a custom blacklist file; If specified along with the -w[<l>] option will force re-verification

[<Android-SDK path>] - the path of Android SDK; If not specified set %ANDROID_HOME% system environment variable

[-v] - prints tool version

[-t <bar folder>] - optional target folder where the bar(s) will be generated; Otherwise the apk source folder is used [-w[1-5]] - filter out bar generation for warnings of or above this level [1..5];-w with no level means -w5

[-a <author name>] - Package-Author name for the bar files otherwise will use %USERNAME% or $USER

[-d [<debug-token file>]] - set Application-Development-Mode: true with optional debug-token .bar file to be used for the Package-Author /Id attributes

[-m] - use custom manifest file(s); e.g. Helloworld.apk to use Helloworld.MF

[-ma] - add custom attributes from custom manifest file(s); e.g. Helloworld.apk to include attributes from Helloworld.MF

[-ci] - use custom icon file(s) for each app 1st Entry-Point; e.g. Helloworld.apk to use Helloworld.png

[-etr |-etl | -etn] - Entry-Point-Name -truncate-right (default), -truncate-left or no-truncation

[-la<n>] - pick launchable-activity n | n=0, 1, 2,.. | 0 (default) = all, 1 = 1st, .., 100 = last

[-os <version>] - optional specification of the minimal target Tablet OS version; e.g. 2.1, 10, or 10.0.9

[-r] - find .apk, .cfg, .mf, and .png files recursively in specified folders

Summary: Total Apk files # 1 succeeded: 0 skipped: 0 failed: 0

Summary: [5]=10; [4]=0; [3]=0; [2]=0; [1]=0;

Impact Legend: [5]=Severe; [4]=High /context; [3]=Medium /context; [2]=Medium-low /context; [1]=Minor; null]

it says that "Android SDK path is not set.", but I already set the android sdk path and download the android 2.3.3.

Could it be I contain chinese word in the sdk path?

Information:

eclipse: verdion 3.8

JDK: JDK 6

Please help me to resolve it.

Thanks & Regards

My Device: BB 10

Re: repackaging android code-apk "android sdk path is not set"

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, I have tried everything. I just don't understand this error, it doesn't make any sense.

Any help is welcome, I've been stock on this for a day.

R.

Developer
My Device: Z10 10.2

I sovled the problem by reinstall my android sdk.

Don't use the sdk in the adt bundle for window.

Only android sdk. It should work.

Go to http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

and click "USE AN EXISTING IDE"

then "Download the SDK tools for windows"

Hope it will help you.

My Device: BB 10

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Lazior.

I'm trying to do everything on Eclipse, same Eclipse I have configured and working for normal Android development, that's why I don't understand why is not working. 

I'll try to download the SDK again, but I would love to be able to do this with my current workspace to simplify things.

Regards.

My Device: Z10

Hello,

I'm on Mac OS, I get the same issue. I try a lot of things, reinstall a clean eclipse and download all plugin & sdk separetly or download the android on with the plugin and sdk included. Nothing work.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks

Visitor
My Device: developer

Mac OS X here too. Same issue.

I've tried playing around with launchctl setenv for the ANDROID_HOME setting but no luck.
Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700

I've got the same issue on Windows since the ADT 22 update.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Same here. Definitely an issue with v 22 of Android tools and apk2bar. Can't figure it out.

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700

As posted on this board, the BlackBerry tools are not compatible with r22 and won't be until some time in June.  

In the end I have created a separate develoment environment with ADT 21.1, you can download that here then install it in Eclipse as an "Archive".  The SDK is trickier, I couldn't find a way to install an old version of the Android SDK and in the end I was lucky to find that I had a backup of SDK 21.

Moral of the story is always backup Eclipse and the Android SDK before upgrading .

IMO "Early June" is not really good enough, BB need to be on top of this.

Visitor
My Device: Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi, I had the same problem and I tried to resolve it by looking inside Apk2bar.jar (decompiled it with jd-gui) . What I found was that starting with r22, aapt.exe and dexdump.exe were moved from "platform-tools" to "build-tools/17.0.0" so copying them (along with the rest of the files and folders) from build-tools to platform tools should do the trick and let you make the build.

Hope this helps.