Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold-3

repackaging android code-apk

Hello Friends,

I am new in blackberry 10 development.

I try to convert my android code for blackberry 10.

when I try to build it I got follwing error.

Research In Motion Ltd ? 2012 All rights reserved.
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-feature: android.hardware.telephony:required minimal Tablet OS version=10.0.6:impact=2
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-library: com.google.android.maps:impact=4
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: DELETE_PACKAGES:impact=1
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: INSTALL_PACKAGES:impact=1
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: PERSISTENT_ACTIVITY:impact=4
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE:required minimal Tablet OS version=10.0.9:impact=2
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: FORCE_BACK:impact=1
[myHomer.apk]:smileysad:com/tmobile/eng/maps/BalloonItemizedOverlay.java:243) uses package: com.google.android.maps:impact=3

So,please help me to resolve it.

And can anyone tell me the what is IMPACT in that?

Thanks & Regards

Milan

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B

Re: repackaging android code-apk

Hey Milan,

If you have a look at our Unsupported App Permissions page you can see that all of your uses-permissions are not supported. DELETE_PACKAGES, INSTALL_PACKAGES and FORCE_BACK are unlikely to have a detrimental affect on application functionality, but PERSISTANT_ACTIVITY may.

"uses package: com.google.android.maps:impact=3" is informing you that within your application you are using Google Maps, which is also unsupported. Visit our Mapping Support page for the workaround.

Hope this helps!

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com