Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Trusted Contributor
osus
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

result::failure 500 'Package-Id' deplying into BB10 alpha

Hi guys,

After updating my BB10 alpha to 10.0.6.671 os version I can not install android apps anymore, I always get:

C:\Users\osus>"blackberry-deploy.bat -installApp -device 192.168.0.85 -password pass UnCompress.apk
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 1393186
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 1393186 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 'Package-Id'

I trying to install my apps !

Installing non Android apps works fine, I have only issues with my two Android apps.

Any idea?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

Re: result::failure 500 'Package-Id' deplying into BB10 alpha

Nobody has a similar issue? I can not install any Android app on my BB10 alpha.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rrafols
My Device: Z10 LE, 9900, Playbook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Orange

I don't know if still might be useful but the problem is you're trying to deploy the .apk file. You should convert the apk to a bar file using any of the available tools:

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/

and deploy the resulting .bar file

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vidueirof
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Movistar

I'm facing the same problem, not only with the Alpha device also with Z10.

I'm building my android project with ant, and then using command line tools 2.0 (beta, https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/) to create the bar file.

This steps worked for me a few weeks ago, but now I changed my computer and stop working.

When I change the computer I move the whole eclipse workspace, and also copied the %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion to the new computer. And I'm using the same android keystore for signing apk.

Did you solve your problem? I yes, how?

Thanks,

Fede

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

In my case I was trying to upload the apk instead the bar... that's all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.