Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
murugesan2013
My Device: BB Dev 10 Alpha Simulator
My Carrier: Computer

when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

The Eclipse Console Pops out this error message

[2012-11-17 15:09:04 - AccelerometerPlay] Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=4 Connecting 192.168.176.128 to ADB failed! null children=[Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Please check if the Android player was fully started when you got this error. If not, you can either increase the Android player launch timeout on the BlackBerry->BlackBerry Android Development Tools preference page or wait until the Android player is fully started and try again. null]

Regards,
Murugesan
Please use plain text.
Developer
murugesan2013

Re: when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

The thing is I Have Signed keys and its registered. When I try to run a sample app  on the Blackberry 10 Dev alpha Simulator The app get Installed in the simulator. The app icon is visible, When i click for run.. the Simulator Restarts and keep on . !! 

Regards,
Murugesan
Please use plain text.
Developer
murugesan2013

Re: when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

After Series of Experiments I got the Solutiion Run the Code free of errors, clean the project before Run in Blackberry device or simulator

Regards,
Murugesan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagarchalavadi
My Device: BlackBerry 10 os simulator
My Carrier: +919052275453

Hi,

I am also getting the same error even after cleaning the project before running the project in the blackberry 10 simulator.

Can anybody have any idea about this?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Hi,

Cleaning the project (and maybe also deleting the binaries by hand) generally does help.

However when I had a similar "Connecting to ADB failed!" error, it turned out that the problem was with my system: if the simulator runs on a slower system, the Android runtime might load very slowly and the adb connection will eventually timeout and fail.

This happened to me on an older notebook with Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz CPU.

I've switched to a desktop having Intel i5, and the simulator works like a breeze.

Regards,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagarchalavadi
My Device: BlackBerry 10 os simulator
My Carrier: +919052275453

Thanks FYI Imre.

Regards,
Sagar.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Meghasanghvi
My Device: Not Specified

I also faced this issue. I am not able to load any android application to my device.

I tried to clean the project, restart the device but nothing helps. 

Please help me on this.

Please use plain text.