Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
murugesan2013
My Device: BB Dev 10 Alpha Simulator

when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

The Eclipse Console Pops out this error message

[2012-11-17 15:09:04 - AccelerometerPlay] Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=4 Connecting 192.168.176.128 to ADB failed! null children=[Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Please check if the Android player was fully started when you got this error. If not, you can either increase the Android player launch timeout on the BlackBerry->BlackBerry Android Development Tools preference page or wait until the Android player is fully started and try again. null]

Regards,
Murugesan
Developer
murugesan2013

Re: when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

The thing is I Have Signed keys and its registered. When I try to run a sample app  on the Blackberry 10 Dev alpha Simulator The app get Installed in the simulator. The app icon is visible, When i click for run.. the Simulator Restarts and keep on . !! 

Regards,
Murugesan
Developer
murugesan2013

Re: when I port android 2.3.3 sample app to the BB dev 10 alpha simulator I face a error

After Series of Experiments I got the Solutiion Run the Code free of errors, clean the project before Run in Blackberry device or simulator

Regards,
Murugesan
New Contributor
sagarchalavadi
My Device: BlackBerry 10 os simulator

Hi,

I am also getting the same error even after cleaning the project before running the project in the blackberry 10 simulator.

Can anybody have any idea about this?

Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Hi,

Cleaning the project (and maybe also deleting the binaries by hand) generally does help.

However when I had a similar "Connecting to ADB failed!" error, it turned out that the problem was with my system: if the simulator runs on a slower system, the Android runtime might load very slowly and the adb connection will eventually timeout and fail.

This happened to me on an older notebook with Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz CPU.

I've switched to a desktop having Intel i5, and the simulator works like a breeze.

Regards,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
New Contributor
sagarchalavadi
My Device: BlackBerry 10 os simulator

Thanks FYI Imre.

Regards,
Sagar.
Super Contributor
Meghasanghvi
My Device: Not Specified

I also faced this issue. I am not able to load any android application to my device.

I tried to clean the project, restart the device but nothing helps. 

Please help me on this.