05-08-2013 02:15 PM - edited 05-14-2013 12:08 PM
BlackBerry® Collaboration Service is now available.
Connect and communicate in real-time with BlackBerry Collaboration Service
Optimize staff communication and collaboration with secure real-time one-to-one and multi-party instant messaging with BlackBerry Collaboration Service – including the ability to seamlessly escalate a text chat into a voice call with one click.* Help employees make the most of business opportunities with the re-designed, re-engineered, re-invented BlackBerry smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10.1. BlackBerry 10 features and apps work together seamlessly to deliver the ultimate end user experience. And with BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10.1, you can easily deploy, manage, secure and control BYOD and corporate devices to truly mobilize your business.
* BlackBerry Collaboration Service requires installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1.0 and BlackBerry Balance and operates in the Work Space only.
BlackBerry Collaboration Service
• Manage the BlackBerry Collaboration Service using the BlackBerry Administration Service
• Install and update the BlackBerry Collaboration Service and BlackBerry Administration Service Plug-in independently from BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1
• Manually or automatically provision the BlackBerry Collaboration Service as a trusted application in Microsoft Active Directory when using Microsoft Office Communications Server or Microsoft Lync Server
Enterprise IM App
• Users can start and manage chats on their BlackBerry 10 devices
• Users can perform remote searches for and add contacts to a contacts list
• Users can manage their contacts and group contacts
• Users can search for and filter contacts in their contacts list
• Users can send email messages to Enterprise IM contacts or conversation participants
• Users can view the presence of their contacts and their conversation history in the Enterprise IM app
• Users can email their conversations to themselves and their contacts
The BlackBerry Collaboration Service supports high availability when you have multiple instances installed in your environment. BlackBerry 10 devices communicate with an available instance of the BlackBerry Collaboration Service, if the original BlackBerry Collaboration Service in the environment is not available. The graphic shows an environment with a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 instance and two instances of the BlackBerry Collaboration Service.
For additional support resources including product documentation, how-to demos, tips & tricks, YouTube® videos, and much more, please visit the BlackBerry Collaboration Service support page online at