Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

License key support

This is likely a can't-talk-about future feature, but while I've now figured out that we can actually see license keys in the My World listing for an app, and tap on them to copy then paste into an app that requires them, it would be really nice if this were something the app could do itself via an API, retrieving the license key indirectly from the App World app's service cache (where I've confirmed the key is actually recorded).

Without improved user education, most users I think would have a hard time understanding how they're supposed to get the key from My World to the app, so the initial experience right now would be very unpleasant for users and devs with any app that tried to require a key.  (I threw a license pool into Battery Guru just to experiment and learn the current state of affairs, as the documentation on this for the PlayBook is entirely absent.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Product Manager (Retired)
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers and TELUS

Re: License key support

Ok, checked with the devs - as of right now, there is no mechanism for allowing people to inject license keys on PlayBook.  This is awesome feedback - will talk with PlayBook dev about this.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.