Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

OS 6 devices claim browser not supported when accessing app world on the web.

Feels like something was left out. Links in emails, tweets etc seem broken at first.

I get this question asked alot by my new users when searching with their device browser.

I think any and all BlackBerry/RIM websites should be viewable on a BlackBerry Device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Retired
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

Re: OS 6 devices claim browser not supported when accessing app world on the web.

On both PlayBook and BlackBerry, we made the decision to launch the App World client if a user visits http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.  The reason for this is that we didn't build a mobile version of the web store because their is a device client for both platforms.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Re: OS 6 devices claim browser not supported when accessing app world on the web.

This is best example I've seen of Knottyrope's question: http://www.perisoft.org/appworld.jpg
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grez868
My Device: Torch 9800 White / Playbook

Site Map: Not Found

The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JohnPinkerton wrote:
This is best example I've seen of Knottyrope's question: http://www.perisoft.org/appworld.jpg

An most of my users click on the escape button instead of the continue button.

The continue button should be on top with reason below. it is a social enginerring issue that the user sees the "our appoligies" message and closes the browser thinking it is an error.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Retired
akinsella

What URL gave you that message?

Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grez868

he appworld one you gave
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grez868

realised it was because of the period on the end of it.

taking that out all that i get is the not available in my country message
Please use plain text.
Retired
akinsella

What country?

Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grez868

liechtenstein - vacation
Please use plain text.