Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

PETITION: Let us reply to user reviews

Just a reference to this topic

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/PETITION-Let-us-reply-to-use...

Could you please comment? (in this or the original topic :smileyhappy: )

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Retired
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

Re: PETITION: Let us reply to user reviews

Like threaded comments?

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Threaded would be spectacular! Especially if a dev corrects an issue in a later update, they can reply and say, "This was solved in update 1.0.7" etc...

I know I've avoided downloads/purchases based on comments about broken features.
Retired
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

Cool - great feedback.  We are brining the ability to change the star rating/review text too.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Developer
kylefowler
My Device: 9900

This is what I think is really needed... far too often people rank the app lower on first install, request a feature, the dev adds it and the user is more happy. The ability to change will accurately reflect the current sentiment of the users. If they are diligent enough to go back that is.

Thanks Alex
Like all of my posts
Contributor
ctetreault
My Device: Torch 9810

Not to mention all the bad reviews users leave before requesting help, or any sort of troubleshooting.

New Developer
berrygoodthemes
My Device: bold 9000

i just deny all bad reviews and they get deleted! :smileyhappy:
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's not a very good way of doing it though as sometimes the negative reviews are legitimate and it skews the reviews. I atleast hope that you are addressing the concerns brought up in the negative reviews before deleting them. Otherwise that goes entirely against the whole purpose of the review system.

No offense, but learning that doesn't really make me want to download your themes.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Developer
berrygoodthemes
My Device: bold 9000

why would you want bad reviews against your products? if there is a way to remove them then it should be used. 99% of the bas reviews are from people who are wrong to begin with so removing them doesnt do any harm!

all our themes re tested on real devices before - i have 9 - so i know there are no issues with them!
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

I am in agreement with Krypto here.
Its the principle, as a consumer I want to know what people think about an app/theme. Whether this is good, bad, whatever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter