Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Problems accessing BB Bridge apps after FaceBook update on PlayBook

Hey Alex, here's a bit of a different question for you that you may or may not have the answer to.  After updating Facebook on my PlayBook to version 2.0, I've haven't been able to access my Bridge apps.  They're there, and I get the notifications for them, but they simply won't open.  

I'm still in the process of trying to resolve it (which I'm sure I'll do shortly), but have you ever heard of or seen it where an app update on AppWorld has interfered with the functionality of other apps on the PlayBook?  If so, what are the possible reasons?  My impression of the QNX OS was that if one app is having issues, it should just reboot that individual component, so we shouldn't see these issues as much.  Or is that just the case when youre dealing with native apps?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: Problems accessing BB Bridge apps after FaceBook update on PlayBook

So is the second question here "are downloaded apps treated the same as native apps in the QNX environment"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Retired
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

I'll check on this now.  

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Retired
akinsella

Do you mean AIR/WebWorks?

Research In Motion
Retired
akinsella

Is just that tapping on notifications doesn’t do anything, but launching the apps still works, or that you're not able to launch the apps either?

Research In Motion
Elite I
Krypto

I'm able to see the notification icons, but it won't give me a preview of the message and it wont open the bridge app (e.g. messages or BBM). I also can't open any of the bridge apps using their application icons.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
Krypto

Just an update on the actual issue... As predicted, I did resolve it after disconnecting and reconnecting the bridge a few times and then rebooting the PlayBook again. But I still find it strange that the Facebook update would have triggered that behaviour in the first place, so I'm still left scratching my head over that.

Retired
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Raelic,

Again, this might be something you'd want to separate into a new thread just to ensure clarify for readers :smileyhappy:

Cheers,
^KB
Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

I don't understand what you mean Kerri, I was asking Krypto to clarify the second point to her post, not asking a question of my own/hijacking
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Retired
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

See, that's why I thought it needed clarification :smileywink: Guess it was just me who misunderstood. It happens from time to time.

Thanks for clarifying.
^KB
Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!