Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

Vendor payments via bank transfer?

Is it possible that we have an option to receive our vendor payments via wire (bank) transfer and not PayPal?

Few reason about it:

- PayPal does not work in many countries (Russia, Pakistan, etc), developers from such countries can't post apps in BB App World because they dont have PayPal account

- PayPal currency conversion rates are insane, European developers are loosing much just because of this

- PayPal has daily withdraw limit for some countries, i.e. you cannot withdraw more than 500$ daily. It's a real pain to transfer the earnings, it may take week or two if you are lucky enough  to get more sales

Btw BBAS (advertisement service) payments are sent via bank transfer

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Product Manager (Retired)
akinsella
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers and TELUS

Re: Vendor payments via bank transfer?

We can help you out!  Just request that you be switched to direct payment on this form - https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109 - and the App World Storefront team will send you a form for you bank info.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Thanks! I didn't know that it is possible at all.

However I'd love to have this as option in the vendor portal, so I can choose it by myself. Besides PayPal account is a mandatory step in the vendor registration, so developers from some countries (Russia  etc.) won't be able to register at all.

Any chance to include bank transfer payments option in App World 3.0?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Community Manager (Retired)
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi QuiteSimple,

I might suggest starting a new thread for your second question. It will help provide clarity for readers.

Thanks for participating.
^KB
Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.