Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Application Announcements

Contributor
My Device: Z10 4G LTE

BlackBerry 10 Remote Temperature Viewing and Listening

[ Edited ]

My brand new Z10 4G LTE is an authentic workhorse. I do most of my business and social connections with it.

I am thoroughly enjoying the intuitiveness and features rich Z10 (after having been with BB 9900 fo a long time Z10 is a big jump for me). 

I will like to share today a tutorial I have just published on remote temperature viewing and listening with BlackBerry 10 smartphone. It is all at Redacacia blog:

http://redacacia.me/2014/05/24/blackberry-10-remote-temperature-viewing-and-listening/

The app's main screen is as follows:

IMG_20140524_165411.png

If one clicks upon Say temperature... button a feminine voice reads the temperature. I hope those members and visitors that are interested in electronics will find my tutorial to be interesting.

In fact the easiness with which one can port Android apk into Blackberry 10 bar, opens the whole world of Android apps in BlackBerry 10 smartphones 

Contributor
My Device: Z10 4G LTE

Re: BlackBerry 10 Remote Temperature Viewing and Listening

Here's a video demonstrating the App that I have just published in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBpET88IO8
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Nice, how about build a native Cascades / WebWorks one? :smileyvery-happy:
BlackBerry Certified Cascades Developer
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Alpha

Thanks for the post.  I can definitely other uses of it esepcially for people who are driving or visually impaired people.

Click the Like button if you find my post useful and as a way to let me know someone actually read it.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

So this is not an app?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

it is mainly a temperature sensor, that will then communicate with an android app through Bluetooth.

The original poster opted for making the APK and then encapsulating into a BAR file, and then sideloading the BAR file.

But today you can simply download the APK file, and install it directly on your BB10 phone (since 10.2.1 actually).

It is always remarkable to see that the Android Toolkit in BB10 is able to use the Bluetooth stack smoothly.

Well done Tayeb786 !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: