Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Application Announcements

Developer
Zymatic
My Device: Limited Edition Z10 & Blackberry Playbook

NoteToSelf - Re-brand and re-release of one of my previously available apps.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I re-branded ( changed name ) of on of my apps and am about to re-release it.  NoteToSelf is a voice recording app available for free with upgrades available as In-App purchase.  When released previously under the old name the app was seeing some good download numbers so I am happy to hae it available again soon.  

NoteToSelf allows for recordings to be saved in m4a (free), wav and mp3 (paid) formats.  There are several customization settings, like Blinking the LED while recording, vibrate when recoding starts etc.  Most features are availalbe in the free version with a select few being part of the Full app unlocked through In-App purchase.  Recordings can be shared through the Invocation Framework to any registered invoke targets for audio files.

You might be wondering why I decided to remove it from the store and rebrand it.  Several months ago I was contacted by a lawyer, initially through Blackberry Worlds Policy department, informing me that my app name was infringing on a trademark of some company in Germany.  Instead of fighting it and risking any legal action be taken against me, I pulled my app from sale and agreed to rename the app.  It's taken me awhile to get the time to actually do the rebranding but now it is finally done.

NoteToSelf is currently pending approval in BB World.  Will post the link to it on BB World when the update is approved.

Thanks,

Playbook Apps:
Touch Painter, LinkShrink

BB10 Apps:
NoteToSelf , LinkShrink
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: NoteToSelf - Re-brand and re-release of one of my previously available apps.

It's a litigous world, and it's hard to know whether all the good names are taken, unfortunately.