Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Application Announcements

Developer
My Device: Z10

PRISM Break Secure Email

Hi Forumers!

I would like to invite you to download PRISM Break Secure Email app that encrypts your email messages and is fully integrated with hub.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49133888

App is free for reading and sending short messages but uses in-app purchase to unlock full functionality.

Best regards, SOAman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook

Re: PRISM Break Secure Email

looks interesting! thanks

Developer

I would appreciate any feedback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z30-STA100-5, Z10-STL100-3

Will this work on Playbook?

iWm
Developer

No, it is written in Cascades for BB 10. PlayBook doesn't offer such rich set of APIs.

Developer

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but after installing Prism yesterday my BBM Hub stared acting very strange.  The app Icon appeared fine on the side menu but all notifications on the main screen stopped displaying.  This morning nothing worked (could not get to the side menu at all) until I deleted your app.  It seems to be working fine now, although I really haven't explored thoroughly.  

On a side note.. Too bad the Playbook is being abandoned.. I personally love it.  

iWm
Developer

Yes, that is strange and we will investigate it because we haven't seen this behaviour ever. Are you using Z30 (looking at app world stats)?

You see, PRISM Break is not a headless app and doesn't update hub at all. On first launch it registers to add compose action, it shows own inbox with one static message (the app doesn't need that but API demands that) and that's all. Reading is done via email inbox itself. 

By my experience, main hub shows all notifications, switching to developer mode, BB world's updates, etc. I don't have any app that pushes notifications to check those ones.

I will also get in contact with BlackBerry because we used their class for registration. Maybe there is a catch.

Developer

Sorry to say that my notification area has disappeared.  No big deal, but I would like it back.  What do I need to do in order to recover it?

iWm
Developer

I am using a Z30 rev. 10.2.1.2102

iWm
Developer

I have re-installed Prism and have found that it deposits a Notification: "Check email account for secured massages"  on the "PRISM Break" maim side menu.

iWm