Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for Android

New Contributor
abhilabhila
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Du
Accepted Solution

Error with Connection: No Connection Found!

Hi Gurus,

I just installed BBM app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 device, with a data service from Du, UAE network. I am facing an issue with connecting; the app says 'Unable to Complete Setup' with the error 'No Connection Found'. It says 'Your connection to the wireless network is turned off. Restore your connection and try again." Agree that wifi is turned off, but then I have a 3g connection provided by the Du netwrok in UAE. Why is the app not recognizing this connection?

Btw, does this mean BBM app for Android is not yet available for UAE?

Pleas help.

Rgds,

Abhilash

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malakalofung
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Dialog Axiata

Re: Error with Connection: No Connection Found!

I too got the same error. But it could be due to high traffic. Just ignore leave it for a while to settle
Please use plain text.
mikenagar
My Device: SG-S3
My Carrier: Vodacom

I had the same issue on a Galaxy S3.

On mine it seemed to have dropped the 3G connection after installing the BBM app. To get my 3G signal back I had to uninstall the BBM app and wait a while . I think there are many issues still unresolved with the BBM for androids or simply just too much traffic still, and the server cannot handle it. Will have to wait a while for everything to settle and then try installing again.

Please use plain text.
vivekkumarmalik
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

abhilabhila wrote:

Hi Gurus,

I just installed BBM app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 device, with a data service from Du, UAE network. I am facing an issue with connecting; the app says 'Unable to Complete Setup' with the error 'No Connection Found'. It says 'Your connection to the wireless network is turned off. Restore your connection and try again." Agree that wifi is turned off, but then I have a 3g connection provided by the Du netwrok in UAE. Why is the app not recognizing this connection?

Btw, does this mean BBM app for Android is not yet available for UAE?

Pleas help.

Rgds,

Abhilash

Even I got the same message.Anyways have you received an email for the same where it says.."We will email when you have reached the front of the line"?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishan1990
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone Essae

I am also facing same problem with 2 devices. Samsung Galaxy S Duos & Samsung Galaxy Grand.

Any solution??

Please use plain text.
vivekkumarmalik
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry is putting people in queue....so once u received the email then only you would be able to useit!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishan1990
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone Essae

My email id was registered on BBM.com , so i have got mail from BBM. but i am not even prompted to enter this in BBM on android.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhilabhila

malakalofung wrote:
I too got the same error. But it could be due to high traffic. Just ignore leave it for a while to settle

Thanks. A few of my colleagues too are facing the same issue. And, I read on some other forum about this exact issue, and it says its got everything to do with the overloaded servers...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhilabhila

vivekkumarmalik wrote:
Blackberry is putting people in queue....so once u received the email then only you would be able to useit!!

Well, I already am a registered BBM user. I used to have an account with them when I was holding my Blackberry phone; was an avid BBm user back then. And to receive a mail, you need to have at least an place to enter your mail address, right? Even that is not happening here... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhilabhila

mikenagar wrote:

I had the same issue on a Galaxy S3.

On mine it seemed to have dropped the 3G connection after installing the BBM app. To get my 3G signal back I had to uninstall the BBM app and wait a while . I think there are many issues still unresolved with the BBM for androids or simply just too much traffic still, and the server cannot handle it. Will have to wait a while for everything to settle and then try installing again.

My 3G connection is intact till now. But I guess you are right; there must still be some beta issues with this version...

Please use plain text.