Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for Android

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Xperia U
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to backup your Android BBM contacts?

How can I backup my Android BBM Contacts so that when I re install BBM, i dont have to re add everyone? 

I verified my email with BB thinking i wont lose my contacts.. Smiley Sad 

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How to backup your Android BBM contacts?

Your BBM contacts are supposed to be backed up in the BlackBerry infrastructure (your BBID is the key to this).  Your BBID would allow you to logon to another device and your contacts and groups  are to transition with you.

It can sometime take some time for the restore to happen.  Have you received any updates yet? 

New Contributor

Nope, just all my contacts disappeared after re-installing because i was getting the Temporary Server Error

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Well, the temporary server error shouldn't have wiped out your contact list.  Are you able to add any contacts now?

If you're able to add contacts and see updates in the updates pane, then you're likely right.  (in which case I'd leave a tweet for BB Support at https://twitter.com/blackberryhelp - they may be able to restore your contact list).  That is, provided there's more than a handful of contacts?

New Contributor

It did :'(