Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for Android

New Contributor
My Device: BBM for Android
My Carrier: Indosat

Picture filename doesn't show on groups only when shared from any Android devices

Hi guys,

I recently shared some pictures in jpg format to a group and found out that the pictures shown in that group didn't have filenames. When those pics shared from a Blackberry device, the filename exists. Is this a BBM bug? Please help! If there was a post similar to this, could anyone redirect me there? Thanks.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Picture filename doesn't show on groups only when shared from any Android devices

Where are you seeing the filename on those which do have a filename?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Picture filename doesn't show on groups only when shared from any Android devices

Well, it's on my Android device, in a BBM group. I see pictures shared by other members of the group, all have filenames and extensions. They use Blackberry devices, but when I shared my pics, none of the pics I shared have filenames. All shown as blanks and not the original filenames.

Again, where do you see this filename and extension?

I am on BlackBerry and with dozens of BlackBerry users in Groups who share pictures, I see no filenames and extensions. So, where you do the filename?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well, that's strange because all we know, we can see the filename that shared between users in the group. I also have my 8520 Curve. If I share a picture with filename ex. "pic1.jpg", in the group will show the picture name "pic1" without extension. But now the problem is in Android's BBM group, the picture name "pic1" won't show. The shown name is " " aka blank. I hope this explanation can help to clarify the problem. Thanks.

I keep asking where you see that file name.

I'm on a BlackBerry, and I don't see a filename. Where do you ?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi, maybe I misinformed you. What I meant was the caption on the picture of the group. Which usually the same as the shared picture's filename, unless we change/edit the caption. This caption is the one that never showed up when the picture shared using BBM for Android.

That is quite different.

On BBM for BlackBerry, the caption appears when I touch the picture and will disappear after a few seconds.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes. You are correct. But when the picture file uploaded from an Android device, the caption doesn't show at all, on any device including Blackberry. How can we fix this?:-)

You should report it at BlackBerry BetaZone..  are you familar with it?

Knowledge Base Updates