Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Bell

BB Z10 MEP locked

Hello guys,

Just wanna ask for help! My Z10 was originally from Bell network in Canada. When i'm trying to insert micro sim on one network here in Philippines, it shows "MEP locked". What should I do with this? I've learned in unlocking the fone, I must insert MEP code. Unfotunately, my fone is not asking me to insert MEP. It shows that MEP is LOCKED and thus not allowing me to insert MEP code. Please help. Thank you!

Kristian

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB Z10 MEP locked

The Z10 is locked to the Bell carrier network.  You need to contact Bell to get the unlock code for that device.  This is why you should always ensure used devices are "carrier unlocked" before purchasing them, as it can be problematical to get the original carrier to provide the unlock code.

There are also websites that say that they offer unlock codes.  If you do a google search on "mep unlock code z10" (without the quotes), you'll get a bunch of results (that may be easier than getting Bell to provide the code...in fact, if that device is stil under contract Bell almost certainly won't provide it).

Good luck!

New Contributor

Thanks fishersd. Is the MEP code different from the unlock code that my fone is asking (10 attempts)?

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

That depends what you're doing Smiley Happy  If you're locked out of the device (password), then no.  In that case a BlackBerry wipes itself after 10 invalid password attempts (that's the default setting).  

Bell can provide you with the MEP unlock code.  I wouldn't be trying random numbers, that's just foolish.

New Contributor

Hi fischerd,

Thanks for the info. Currently contact bell. Hope thay give me mep and unlock code. Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Hi fischersd, 

If he was back in Canada and had the Bell SIM card in he could download the Unlock App from BlackBerry World, the App is free but he would have to pay for the service, it does not say how much.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29634/?lang=en&countrycode=CA

Also like you said there are websites that do this, but this will void your warranty.

You are with Telus and so am I, Telus will unlock your phone for $35, Bell must have the same service.