Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BBM Stopped working - Temporary Server Error

Those KB's are NOT updated in real time. Something happened yesterday that caused this to be a major problem rather than just a few isolated instances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell mobility

I have had the same issue for nearly 20 hours mow.  Talked to Bell support for an hour yesterday - no resolution.  Talked to Blackberry suport today - again no resolution, but they claim to be aware of the problem.  Extremely frustrating.  BBM was working fine for 2 weeks, then all of a sudden issues yesterday.  I get messages in my Hub but can't access them, as BBM constantly trying to set up  Pulled battery 10 times.  Still keep getting "Temporary Servier Error"

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

sam6 wrote:

I have had the same issue for nearly 20 hours mow.  Talked to Bell support for an hour yesterday - no resolution.  Talked to Blackberry suport today - again no resolution, but they claim to be aware of the problem.  Extremely frustrating.  BBM was working fine for 2 weeks, then all of a sudden issues yesterday.  I get messages in my Hub but can't access them, as BBM constantly trying to set up  Pulled battery 10 times.  Still keep getting "Temporary Servier Error"

Unfortunately, there is little you can do but wait it out.  We're at their mercy.  If you've reported the problem to your carrier and been escalated to BB support then you've done your part.  The more that do that the better. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

having the same problem - the phone has been rocking for the past two weeks until I got  a bbm from my wife yesterday - then I started to get this.

Wonder if there is problem with getting bbm from old blackberrys..........

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell mobility

I am going to try backing up everything and then doing a complete system restore.

Guru II

I wouldn't recommend that. It won't help and you may end up with more problems than you have now.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just got my Z10 yesterday. Right from the get go I have not had BBM. I tried using my old BB ID with no luck - security wiped it to set up a new BB ID with the phone (I never had anything attached to my old BBID anyway). Still no luck with BBM, also can't play some games because the games app can't connect to BBM :/
K'mon BB get this figured out!! I can't go about showing off my new Z10 without BBM now lol
Guru II

I've been told the issue is resolved. If you're still having problems you need to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

You sir are correct!!
Just restarted my phone (holding the lock key and hitting restart) and I have BBM! WOOOOOOOO Smiley Very Happy
Guru II

That's great news!