Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

matthewyongkim
My Device: na

Re: BBM Stopped working - Temporary Server Error

Hey guys, Iets stay on topic and help answer the questions that are being addressed. Thanks guys!~

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

lou2969 wrote:

he forwarded My case # to the seniors department
of the BBM developers
they are going to do something in a big scale

Thanks for the update, Lou.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
H2Casey
My Device: Z10

Fixed! Finally. It's been 2 weeks, and many calls for me, but looks like all back to normal.  I started by grabbing my previous BB (a torch 9900), opened BBM on the Torch and performed a backup of BBM Contacts onto the MicroSD.  I had a further issue that my BB ID was a @xxxx.blackberry.net email address, and as some of you may be aware, Blackberry is phasing that service out and no longer supports on BB10.  It was suggested to me that I try to change my BBID on the older BBM, but I couldn't find out how.  Instead, I went to Blackberry World and changed my sign-in to the new ID.  (not sure if this step would be needed for all with this problem).  I then pulled out the MicroSD and put it into the new Z10.  As soon as I flipped up the screen after putting the back cover on, BOOM, it showed step 1 complete on BBM, and I was ALIVE!.  It almost appeared to be an issue that the previous BBM had linked up to the server, at some point, thus kicking the Z10 off.  Hopefully this works for all - Cheers (and I'm back to Lovin My Z10).

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Since those email addresses are not supported on the Z10 I think the key was changing your BBID sign in. Great info!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
H2Casey
My Device: Z10

Just to add,  I did change my Blackberry ID when I purchased the Z10,  and had BBM working fine for 2 weeks before it crashed.  I may have turned on the older unit allowing it to try to register with the server - unsure.

JSanders

H2Casey wrote:

I may have turned on the older unit allowing it to try to register with the server - unsure.

That would certainly cause the problems.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
sridhar_patil
My Device: Q5

Hello guys.

My BBM on my Q5 has the same problem....i have also tried the micro sd card switch...its still not working.

can any one help????

JSanders

sridhar_patil wrote:

Hello guys.

My BBM on my Q5 has the same problem....i have also tried the micro sd card switch...its still not working.

can any one help????

Has your BBM on the Q5 worked in the past, or never?

Have you rebooted your Q5?

• Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
asmagaber808
My Device: 2013

Hi There, this is my first time on here, read most of the thread, I am having the exact same issue, it started Friday night, came back on Monday morning after an application data restore, then stopped after an hour or so. Did the restore again, have all contacts etc, but now when I try and send a BBM it says " you are not a contact, would you like to reinvite?" when I say yes, all BBM contacts, chats etc  are wiped.

JSanders

asmagaber808 wrote:

Hi There, this is my first time on here, read most of the thread, I am having the exact same issue, it started Friday night, came back on Monday morning after an application data restore, then stopped after an hour or so. Did the restore again, have all contacts etc, but now when I try and send a BBM it says " you are not a contact, would you like to reinvite?" when I say yes, all BBM contacts, chats etc  are wiped.

asmagaber808, what model of BlackBerry... in your profile you have only entered "2013"

Knowledge Base Updates