Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

BBM Update + Automatic Status Update??

Dear Blackberry,

The fact that you automatically sent out an automatic status update when I upgraded to the most recent version of BBM is *infuriating*. If I want to notify people that BBM is available for Android and iPhone, I'll tell them myself. 

Please stop talking on my behalf.

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BBM Update + Automatic Status Update??

We're all in the same boat as you. I think it only does it the first time. I had the Channels beta and it did it once but with this last update it didn't send it out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Tweet your concern to @BlackBerry and @BBM. That always helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

It also said something similar when switched to BB10. I think nobody is interested in getting a continuous stream of these messages everytime a colleague switches to from a 9XXX to a X10 device or updates the latest BBM version. I am revolted for being used a spam-troll by BB. :Censored: Poor decision by an equipment maker who should realise it needs all the support and sympathy they can get from the last handful of users left.

Guru I

It's annoying, indeed, but I don't think it really rises to the level of being revolted.
Contributor

Great thing is you don't get to decide that for me. See the first three words of 3a below, which sums it up pretty nicely for me:

re·volt

v.re·volt·ed, re·volt·ing, re·volts
v.intr.
1. To attempt to overthrow the authority of the state; rebel.
2. To oppose or refuse to accept something: revolting against high taxes.
a. To feel disgust or repugnance: to revolt at a public display of cruelty.
b. To turn away in revulsion or abhorrence: They revolted from the sight.
Guru I

I didn't decide anything for you. I'm not BlackBerry. I'm just another BB user just like yourself. It's annoying yes, revolting...not in my opinion. To each his own. I've given you suggestions on how to make your voice heard. There isn't much more I can do. I didn't design it.