Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

ACAlexanderIV
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon/ Pageplus

BBM doesn't go through the setup process

I have the BlackBerry Curve 8530. I downloaded BBM successfully. When I click he icon to open BBM it says that I need to go through the setup process. I click OKAY so it can sync with my BBW account. But that is all it does is display a screen saying "Setting up BBM". It has been on that screen for more than two hours at one point. There must be an issue somewhere. I have tried going to my application list and deleting it to reinstall BBM. But it does the same thing during the "setup process". If anyone could please help I would greatly appreciate it, if you need any other info just let me know.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Community Manager
TyW
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: BBM doesn't go through the setup process

Can you verify if you have a wireless service plan setup on this device? BBM requires this in order to setup and function.

For more details on BBM requirements check out the BBM User GuideI hope this helps!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Please use plain text.