Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Contributor
My Device: z10, bold

BBM setup error

BBM setup keeps giving me a message "The Blackberry ID is already associated with BBM on another device. Do you want to switch your bbm information to your current device?"

The problem is that the id is not asscoaited with bbm on any other device all three phones using this ID give that message and when I click switch bbm it puts someone else's bbm on my phone and they lose theirs. There are no other options on screen other than exit and switch bbm. I want my bbm back and cannot figure out how to get it. I have performed secuirty wipes on phones and tried with a brandnew phone.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: BBM setup error

Hello winfieldZ10

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to perform a Security wipe on any one of your Device and use a complete new BlackBerry ID on that particular device . It will allow you to use those two device as different . So, first do a backup of your device in which you'll perform those step then follow this KB and use a new BlackBerryID :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

I hope it will help.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Contributor
My Device: z10, bold

If I change my blackberry id I lose all apps that I have purchased with costs more than phone is worth.  Might as well give up on my blackberry if thats the only option

My Device: Curve 8520

Hi winfieldZ10

Please do not create multiple posts on one topic

I have locked this thread

Please keep all discussion about this issue on the following thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-BlackBerry/how-to-delete-bbm-associated-with-Blackber...

Steve_T                                                                                                       New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png