Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Error after BBM Update

[ Edited ]

I just updated my BBM through BlackBerry World and I get this error "BBM has lost its connection. Please wait while server attempts to reconnect". The strange thing is if I just use BBM...it works fine...but as soon as I hit Channels it gives this error...

I've tried everything...reboot, battery pull (waited for more than 3 mins)...but doesn't work.

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Re: Error after BBM Update

I am getting the same error after update. Please HELP!?!!

This is critical and would like the BBM Team to be aware of the issue.

New Contributor

I have reached out to BBhelp, BB support and BBM team on various social networks, DM and emails...still waiting to hear back.

If you find a fix please let me know. Its quite annoying. I even reloaded the OS but the problem persists.

I'm using the older version of BBM so atleast can view messages.

Developer

Thanks for the update. My BBM is still not working.

Developer

[ Edited ]

THE BBM TEAM NEEDS TO BE AWARE OF THIS CRITICAL ISSUE AND RELEASE AN UPDATE TO FIX. IT IS NOT RIGHT TO DO THIS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE FOCUSING ON OTHER PLATFORMS AND IGNORING CORE LOYAL BLACKBERRY USERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED YOUR PRODUCT SINCE DAY 1.

PLEASE ESCALATE THIS KNOWN ISSUE AND PROVIDE A FIX. I AM BEING INCONVENIENCED AND IT IS NOT RIGHT!

New Contributor

I totally agree...its a big inconvenience and I am hoping they reslove this issue.
Having said that BBHelp (twitter) got back to me asking for the version # and BBM pin. It took them about 5 days to respond with two questions hoping they respond sooner with a fix.