Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

New Contributor
YasMeems
My Device: Blackberry 9900

For the love of God please help!!!

I'm about to sell my blackberry and be done with it.

Nothing works. I;ve tried updating, upgrading, downloading bbm from appworld, external ota's, Formatting, wiping, backing up. nothind seems to work. all i get is 'temporary server error'

I;ve read and tired all the soulutions and suggestions in the other forums. Inculding this "Article ID: KB33780 " But nothing seems to work. Can someone please tell me what to do? or what the problem may be? Is my blackberry useless now? 

New Contributor
kunnekt
My Device: Q10

Re: For the love of God please help!!!

I'm not sure where it's located on your model but you may want to check the liquid damage indicator. I know it sounds stupid cause you think you would remember getting it wet but your phone sounds really messed up and it sounds like you have done a lot of TS'ing with no luck. I do tier 2 tech for smartphones and you wouldn't believe how many times the sticker had been triggered and is red or orange and the customer has no idea how it could have happened. This seem's to be the case for customers that have chronic problems and are at their wits end. Good luck.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Wow...if that's the help one gets from Tier 2 tech no wonder these forums are so popular....ugh.

Go to Manage Connections. Hit the menu key and select Diagnostics. Do the test and please report back the results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
YasMeems

I just did that. But when i i the menu button, diagnostics didn't come up

New Contributor
YasMeems

just found it. let me see what happens. will keep you posted

New Contributor
YasMeems

here are the results i got

Diagnostic Started: Mar 1, 2014 06:01

Diagnostic Completed: Mar 1, 2014 06:01

PIN: 2b6f62e2

MSISDN: Unknown Number

Device Type: BlackBerry 9900

Application Version: v7.1.0.714

Platform Version: 5.1.0.532

Service Books: WPTCP,BrowserConfig,RIM_IM,IPPP,IPPP,BBAUTH,KEYNEGO,OTASL,BBIM,BBID,SearchServicesConfig,APPWORLD,WPTCP,MMS,BrowserConfig,WPTCP,WAPPushConfig,BISClientConfig,LbsConfig,MediaConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,WPTCP,PROVISIONING,BrowserConfig

Free File Space: 176462900 bytes

Radio Data Activation: Yes

Signal Level: -77 dBm

Radio Access: UMTS

Network: zain JO

IP Address: 10.137.0.217

ICMP Ping Echo: Yes

BlackBerry Registration: Yes

Connected to BlackBerry: Yes

BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Yes

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, you seem to be connected to the BB system. If you've indeed done everything you say you have then the only other option is to contact your provider, Etisalat, and have them open a ticket with BlackBerry to see what the problem is. I don't think it is a handset problem but at this point, only they will be able to tell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
YasMeems

maybe you're right. although everyone else's bb seems to be working just fine. I'll take it to a shop tomorrow.

Thanks for the help

Guru I
John_Clark

I don't think it's anything wrong with the phone. It's likely an issue with connecting to the BBM server. You diagnostics shows the data plan connected but they need to take a closer look at your account.