Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

thefmgirl
My Device: curve 9700

Merging Pins

Everytime I get a phone I get another pin this is frustrating why can't I keep one pin and have a choice as to

if I can choose a new pin????

When I got my new phone and I signed up it asked me if I wanted to keep my backeberry pinI clicked yes and

when I looked its still the new pin not my old pin

is there anyway to merge all pins together??????

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Merging Pins

PIN is an unique identifier of a device like IMEI which is present in every GSM device available in this word...and which can't be same. This is RIM property and they set it like that. Now may I know why do you want to merge PINs?

Changing a device is so simple that BlackBerry system automatically detects presence of a new PIN and replace the old one upon getting your consent. This way don't even have to re-add BBM contacts or anything.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

russviola
My Device: Z10 and iPhone 6

Hi Tanzim,

I've just upgrade to a new iPhone, and its been so long since I have to log into BBM from scratch, that I dont remember my password. The problem is, I no longer have access to the email address i used to set up that BBID. is there ANY WAY I can install the iOS BBM client new and get the contacts from my old PIN? I really REALLY dont want to rebuild that contact list from scratch. 

thanks

Russ

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can only keep existing contacts by using the existing BBID.

Read this for full information and suggestions to regain access to your BBID >> http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/How-to-regain-access-to-your-BBID/td-p/25467...

You can reset your BBID password, BUT read the consequences before doing so: Article ID: KB36188 How to reset the BlackBerry ID account used with BlackBerry World and BlackBerry smartphones >> http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB36188

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code