Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9790

Re: New BBM 7 Update Now Available: Get Talking with BBM Voice

I wanted to download Bbm 7 for my Bb 9790 but is says unavailable for this device.I checked through a couple of forums and it states that it is not available for my region(India).Could you please advise as in when it will be available for my region :smileyhappy:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello sandeep1981,

no we cannot. This is a community forum, we are BlackBerry users just like you.

But you don't need anyone to tell you. When its ready for India, you receive the AppWorld notification. When that happens, I kindly advise you to wait for another week before upgrading BBM.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9790

Thanks for the info, thought might get some info here as I had mailed the blackberry support desk and no rep till date.
Visitor
My Device: bold 9900

Hi I download the new bbm and it said that it could not associate the device with my account.

It had been working in the past so what I did was uninstall the app again and redownload it.

After the reboot I couldn't find the app on the device but in my app world it's indicated as istalled.

What do you recommend i do?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve

Some1 pls help as I am unable to download the new version! It says v7 but still downloads the version 6 that I've always had :-( please help
I have an 8520 curve
Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try using your BlackBerry browser to navigate to www.blackberry.com/bbm and download from there.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Touch and Type

What if:
I didn't get a notification in my AppWorld, but I just intended to look at the AppWorld for updates.
So then, I clicked on Upgrades, and clicked onn BBM.
It said upgrade available. Then I upgraded it. Is that bad?! I didn't get a notification.

SO WHAT HAPPENED NOW IS WRONG!
Everytime i uninstall-reinstall battery pull > delete from settings - reinstall battery pull
It only shows one result.
Associating BBM with your Blackberry ID.
I have done eveything it results to the same thing.

PS: Before this, a day before, I upgraded my OS. 7.0.0 Bundle 1465 to Bundle 2406. (succeeded)
I havent upgraded to 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 yet.

After updating OS I did what I did as stated above, and it asked me for a BBID so instead of putting that BBID i had before I registered a new one. **bleep**. Is this wrong? Please help me :smileysad:((((

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can only have one BBID associated with the device at a time. This article should help. You'll need to make a backup of your device, then do a security wipe, restore your data and then login with the BBID you want associated with that device.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Touch and Type

Is this the reason I cant complete BBM installation?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Most likely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!