Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: New BBM 7 Update Now Available: Get Talking with BBM Voice

Yup. Mine works fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
ezklando
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Touch and Type

Could you tell me the DETAILED STEPS on how you did yours please?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There is a problem with your account, your data connection or your device is blocked. You'll need to contact your carrier for assistance. I've already said this three times now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
ezklando

Ok, nvm. Is there a way I could contact RIM myself?
Guru I
John_Clark

Sure. But it costs $50 per incident. Support is through your carrier and is free.
Contributor
ezklando

I have another question and this is a little complicated:
So, remember when I said I haven't updated my Device fully to the latest version available for my deive? (7.1 Bundle 1149)
Well, I was going to but then I realised that the 'Software Update' Option is gone, means I cant see it anymore.
And if you're going to suggest through pc another problem: To be able to download the Desktop Manager/Software I need to know my Carrier and Where my phone came from right?
So my problem is, I don't know where my phone came from. Sure I bought it from a retailer but I don't know where it was from originally, though its an openline device. SO even if I do download a desktop manager if its not the right compatibility it won't give me the right updates won't it? So is there a way to get back the Software Update option in the settings?
Guru I
John_Clark

You can download an OS from any carrier. It will load as per the vendor code that is hard coded to the device. You will always get the options you are supposed to get for your specific device brand. You need only choose an OS for your specific model.

That said, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file as instructed or the OS won't load if its from another carrier.
Contributor
ezklando

So in dummies terms, this means It doesn't matter where the Os is from as long as its the same model? :smileyvery-happy:
Guru I
John_Clark

Precisely. Just delete the vendor.xml file(s).
Contributor
ezklando

Oh, thanks bro. You really helped me a lot.
Btw, in this process this is at most of the times 100% success rate right? Do you have a link I could follow?