Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: New BBM 7 Update Now Available: Get Talking with BBM Voice

Is what a 100% success rate?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
ezklando
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Touch and Type

Was referring to Manual OS Update.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes as long as you delete the vendor.xml files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
ezklando
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Touch and Type

Btw what specific OS 7.1 would you recommend? And Do you have a link showing the steps?
Guru I
John_Clark

Sorry, I thought I posted instructions on how to do it but I guess I didn't.

Regardless, you should get RIM involved as I have suggested numerous times. Your OS version isn't the problem.
Visitor
lgdl08595
My Device: Bold 9900

New Blackberry User.   Just got the Bold 9900 & am finding it very difficult to come to term with it, nothing seems to work well for me.   The reason I changed from Nokia was both my sons & husband have Blackberry's so they wanted me to get one so we could all use this messenger service to text, email & send pics to each other for free?

I have tried to download the BBM 7 App from the Website & all I get is that there is an "Internal Server Error" so I tried to send a message to Blackberry Technical Support.  Received a message from them as follows: 

Thank you for contacting BlackBerryTechnical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?
If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.

Self-Help Options:
BlackBerryTechnical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need.

BlackBerry Support Community Forums.Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.

So here I am trying to find out what is going on & why I can't download the Blackberry Messenger?  This seems crazy that Technical Support would reply to a query by sending the customer to a Forum......?  Surely an Internal Server Error on the Website would be sorted quickly I have been trying to download for over 24 hours.  I'm not impressed & wondering if Blackberry is for me, no wonder they are losing customers! 
lgdl08595
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Does this error occur when your're trying to login your BBM app to your BlackBerryID?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
WillieTroyJackson
My Device: Bold 9700

Why is it telling me "Cannot Set Up BBM", "A temporary BBM server error has occured"... Please help, already deleted and reinstalled twice and same problem
New Contributor
joedd
My Device: Curve 9360

Hi I'm trying to set up bbm on my new blackberry curve 9360, but its stuck on 'assosciating bbm with your blackberry Id' have reinstalled numerous times but gets stuck at this every time, very frustrating, please help asap.
Guru I
John_Clark

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account with Orange? Contact them to be sure your account is provisioned properly for BlackBerry services.