Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

DauG
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: loop mobile

Re: New BBM 7 Update Now Available: Get Talking with BBM Voice

u mean uninstalling and installing it again? and sorry if m asking stupid questions m just new to this stuff. if possible can you give me steps for installing bbm7. i wud be grateful to you :smileyhappy: (Y)

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

DauG wrote:

u mean uninstalling and installing it again? and sorry if m asking stupid questions m just new to this stuff. if possible can you give me steps for installing bbm7. i wud be grateful to you :smileyhappy: (Y)

Yes, I already have given those steps, scroll up seven posts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MitBBid1
My Device: Torch

I am in Ecuador in a remote camp. I have my Canadian Torch on Telus and we just bought three brand new bb curves on Claro plan to use bbm and bbm voice in camp. All have data plans. BbM 7 is installed on all. There is no 3G signal usually as we are remote -- we had to set phones up in nearest town with a 3G connection. All four phones are connected to wifi. Bbm text messages work between each and every contact -- no problems, no delays. One new curve phone can call all three other phones (green icons) and calls are clean and clear. All three of these phones including the Canadian phone that can receive calls from the first one but cannot phone that contact back -- the icon is grey. The message says Contact is unavailable, try again later when that phone is right there on the table showing green icons for every contact. The other 3 phones can call each other including my new Claro curve can bbm voice my older Canadian Telus torch and vice versa. The telus phone has 3G turned off to avoid roaming while the three local phones have radio on even though there's no signal. One of the phones initially could receive calls from everyone but couldn't call. It now can call 2 of the others including the Canadian and the only thing I did that I can think of was to invite the 4th phone (which still can't be called).

Anyone seen anthing like this? Most of my contacts on Canadian torch are currently grey even though I could call those numbers before. Not sure what will happen when I get back to Canada. I made no adjustments or settings to my Canadian phone.

Sorry for the long description -- any suggestions welcome. Remember -- texting works on all connections and we only have wi-fi so wI-fi is working
Please use plain text.
JSanders

On that one BlackBerry device which has the problem, I would suggest that you delete BBM from your options > device > applications; reboot from a battery pull; and then reinstall BBM from the BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/bbm

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Babesbrowny
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Am having a problem with my bbm, am not getting message from my bbm contacts but there are getting mines, or I think so cause it says deliver and two person says they getting my message, but there's are not sending to me and am the only one it happening on there BB, they reply to me on Facebook. What should I do? Please help?
Babesbrowny
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Babesbrowny wrote:
Am having a problem with my bbm, am not getting message from my bbm contacts but there are getting mines

For one of those friends, get their device PIN number and send them a PIN message from your Messages > press the Menu key > Compose > PIN Message.

enter their PIN and send a message, ask them to reply.

Do you get their PIN reply messages?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello suban1805

One post is enough for an issue , please check your other post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/cnt-upgrade-my-bbm/td-p/2255053

Thanks.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nutter426
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

Why does BBM completely mess up my contacts every time I restart my phone?

It started doing it last update of BBM (currently on 7.0.1.23) and continued after I updated my OS (OS 7.1.0.861 - containing BBM 7.0.1.23)

It seems to be reloading an old backup file on every restart. Chats are maintained and not lost, but contacts who have not accepted me get moved into contacts, contacts who I have moved to another category get put back where I moved them from, and contacts I have deleted get undeleted.

Every single time I restart this happens. What can I do about it? I would prefer direct contact from RIM/BB support rather than a reply in this thread. (contact details in my registration for the forum)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

For official support from BB you have to contact your carrier first and have them escalate your case to BB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
danielleadams
My Device: curve 850
My Carrier: boost

I'm having issues with your certificate coming back as invalid and untrusted.
Please use plain text.