Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

New Contributor
My Device: 9720

Problems with BBM

Hi my daughter is having problems with her BBM on her Blackberry 9720. Her friends are receiving her messages but when they try to send a message back to her it comes up with a red cross next to the message saying unable to deliver. Any ideas please?

cheers 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Problems with BBM

Hello MartiTH

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

Please visit this Article ID: KB29696

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry9780

Maybe your daughter's friend doesnt have a good signal so her cannot recieve the message.
New Contributor

No I don't think so as none of her friends can reply to her

New Contributor

Hi we tried this but it still hasn't worked, Her friends still can't send replies back. When my daughter looks at the status of  requests she has sent to contacts it just shows as pending but is never accepted.

She is really really upset she can't use her BBM. It worked when she first had the phone but its been back to Blackberry 3 times for 'repairs' and she's been unable to get BBM since

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi @MariaTH

Can you try to send a PIN message from the device to the device?

The following steps will walk you through it.

Finding the PIN

1. Select "Options"
  2. Select "Status"
  3. Look for "PIN"

Sending a PIN message

1. Open "Messages"
  2. Select "Compose Other" and select "PIN"
  3. Type the devices PIN and press "Send"

There should be a checkmark next to the sent PIN message in messages, it should also be received by the device but weather it comes back or not is what we are testing.

I'd also suggest trying to register the device, the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base Article will explains how to do this - KB00510: How to register a BlackBerry Smartphone with the wireless network

Once you have selected register now, if the BlackBerry Internet Service is activated on the account you should receive a registration message in your messages folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!