Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Why BBM is not free for Blackberry Users

now bbm is free on normal data packs for those other Android & iPhone Users , and BB users have to put a special data plan for BBM why is tha so ? in my country its 399rs per month and it costs a lot you see. so i request to to make bbm available on normal data plans & wifi for blackberry users :smileyhappy: or blackberry phones will be vanished from the market

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Why BBM is not free for Blackberry Users

BBM for Android and iOS works on a normal DATA plan which only requires an active internet enabled APN to pass through. But a Blackberry device has its own set of service where it requires service books which can only be pushed if there's an active blackberry BIS / BES service (blackberry.net / bb.net or whatever) to comminucated with other blackberry devices. 

This is just the basic to give you an idea on how blackberry works. different service providers provide different DATA plans, but at the backend its the same connectivity between the provider and RIM. :smileyhappy:

VIA | 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-BlackBerry/not-good-BBM-for-iOs-and-android/m-p/26352...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: Curve-9320
My Carrier: *

If the BBM works on different architecture, how other Apps works on Blackberry with normal DATA (Wi-Fi and Edge) ?

May be we need a BBM upgrade?

May be Blackberry should change the process?

or May be Blackberry users should switch to other platforms?

fbk
Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree, it's not fair to the BB users