Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

bbm channel unavailable in your region

I know two people so far that recieve a message stating that "the bbm channel is unavailable in your region, or channel contains mature content", and the channel is then blocked,

has anyone else seen this.  i don't have any issue with it, but \i was part of the beta test group

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bbm channel unavailable in your region

You're in Canada?

Perhaps the group you're seeking is age restricted.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

that may be the case, but where does one change their age profile?
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You wanna put in a fake age?

Delete your BBM account and use a new BBID to login.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted

is it not possible to change an age? both of my friends who have this issue are well over the age of majority
Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Bell

I am well over 30 and am having the same problem in Canada and I'm quite sure the channel I want to visit isn't too racy because I know who made it... I am disappointed that there is no way to add your age after the fact because this is clearly not a particularly rare problem...

Contributor

Ok so now the fitness channel I subscribe to has been blocked from my bbm because it's too mature for me. I am quite frustrated. Am I slowly going to lose all my channels? I really wish someone could help me with this...
Contributor

Though it seems rather extreme, I'm prepared to try this solution. However I can't seem to figure out how to delete my current bbid or how to create a new one. Can you help me with the steps to do so? Also do you know if this means that I will have to give up all my subscribers to the bbm channel I built last month? I have 22 subscribers now. It would be a shame to lose them all but I'd rather do it sooner rather than later if I have no choice. I will appreciate any advice you can give...

GJE in Toronto 

Contributor

I just created a new BBID and it didn't ask me for my age or birthdate at any point in the process. I'm afraid I'm going to delete my old BBID (with all my apps and other data associated with it) and not be any better off... Secondly, I read in the forums that the BBID deletion requires the original email setting up the BBID. I'm not sure if I can find that. Right now I have two BBIDs and I can't figure out how to come up with just one that will allow me to access the content I'm interested in... This is so frustrating. I wish there was someone who could help me. At this stage I'll take any advice anyone can give...

Contributor

Hey guys so I sorted out the age issue and am now able to view all the channels I want. Basically what I had to do was create a new BlackBerry ID. This requires an email address that isn’t associated with any other BlackBerry ID. Creating the new BBID was easy and can be done online. Once you have a new BBID then you need to go to your device settings on your handheld and choose security then preform a security wipe on your phone. When the security wipe is done, associate your new BBID with your phone using BlackBerry World. This will require you to reinstall all your contact information. You will also lose all your emails too; so back up your stuff to Outlook first. You will also lose all your apps so be ready to buy and reinstall apps that you still use. Once you associate the new BBID with your handheld, you can reinstall BBM and then re-setup a new channel. Once your new BBM Channel is set up then use the BBM Channel Web Client to access your old channel so you can point your subscribers to your new channel. That’s right, you will start with 0 subscribers on the new channel but should be able to climb quickly when the advertisement is placed on your old channel. When you set up the new channel you will have the option to enter your age or leave it with the default value. If you enter your actual age then you will get full access to the BBM Channel systems and content. Well that’s what I did to get the matter sorted out. I hope this works for you too. Happy messaging friends…