Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Contributor
My Device: z10, bold

how to delete bbm associated with Blackberry ID

someone elses bbm has become associated with my blackberry id merging our contacts and making it so only one of us can have bbm on our phone at the same time.  How can i delete the bbm associated with the BBID, as don't want to get new BBID

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how to delete bbm associated with Blackberry ID

Hello,

You really can't do that...the BBID is required, as it is sort of the "master account" for all things BB, with BBM just being one of those services. The thing to do is WIPE your BB (backup first...instructions in my auto-sig), and the, during the initial configuration, create a brand new BBID for just your device. Then, simply never use BBM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

so basically I am out hundreds of dollars if I want to be able to use bbm? as much as I love bbm can't justify losing all my apps and games just for that, would be better off getting a different operating system that allows me to delete bbm if it is having problems.  And how can two different bbm's become associated with one bbID?

Hall of Famer II

I'm sorry, I thought from the wording of your first post that you didn't want BBM at all. Now you say you want it. Nevertheless, all I advised you to do was to not use it based on what I understood your desire to be...if your desire is to use BBM, then the process can be the same, except you simply use BBM instead of not using it.

I don't understand how you will be out hundreds of dollars...nothing you've stated here in this thread seems to support that statement. Perhaps there are details you aren't revealing?

Please help us to help you by revealing all details of your situation.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

If I wipe my phone and create a new blackberry id then I will lose all my apps and games that I have spent money on. 

Someone elses bbm has now been assocaited with my blackberry id and their blackberry id.  It also added all my contacts to their contacts.  If I try to set up bbm on any of my phones (z10, z30, bold) it brings hers over despite my bbm being previously associated with that blackberry id.  It then takes the bbm away from the other persons phone. 

I want their bbm no longer associated with my blackberry id, so that I can use my bbm.  I don't want to get a new blackberry id and lose all my apps and games, as bbm not worth that.

Hall of Famer II

The only way to do what you want (if it's even possible) is via formal support. You have to find the other party, and get them to WIPE their BB and create a new BBID of their own (of course, then they lose their apps, contacts, etc. just like you refuse to lose). No one here, in this user-to-user community of volunteers, can tell you who that other party is...only someone with access to the necessary BB systems can do that, so you need formal support to get to someone like that. Formal support for this would start with your mobile service provider, who can escalate your case up to BlackBerry if necessary.

Good luck1

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates