If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Visitor
rpmonag
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

"Please enter the username associated with this Smartphone"

(So, before anyone asks, article KB28429 has been reviewed and hasn't helped on this occasion)

Blackberry Curve updated 11.1.14 to software version 7.1 Bundle 2753. No issues encountered during the software update. The phone was new Oct '12 and has only ever been used by me, with only one Blackberry ID associated with it.

All features seem to be working following the software update, except Blackberry Messenger.

Whenever I try to sign in, (using email address and password) a message comes back asking me to "enter the username associated with this smartphone"

I have tried entering the Screen Name, but this does not work either. In addition, I have reset the password online in case it was the password that was causing the issue.

Therefore, I'm currently caught in a continued loop that I can't escape - would appreciate any other Forum member that has encountered this and successfully overcome it, to provide a solution - many thanks.

PS: I understand that the ID to be used has to be that with which the phone was first/previously provided....the thrust of KB28429......that is exactly what I am using in this instance, hence the recommended solution not working.

Please use plain text.