Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for BlackBerry

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: x

strange BBM malfunction

Hello and thanks for this support space!
My BBM since yesterday is not working. I can receive messages, ping etc. I cannot read the message, I cannot switch to the chat to any other folder, I cannot compose any message, I cannot access to settings.... I've been able though to clear all the chat and also saved chat. I did reboot and even switched off but.... no way! Internet connex and all app are working good instead. I even updated from BlackBerry world my BBM but nothing changed. Thanks for your help.
New Contributor

Re: strange BBM malfunction

In addition I just discovered that am able to compose messages from the hub. Of course any other function such adding pin, reading updates etc are instead unavailable.... sigh
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

That’s strange! I know you mentioned restarting but do you mind restarting again? This time instead of holding the power button and tapping Restart, press and hold the power button until your device restarts and shows BlackBerry on the screen.

What happens as well if you try to tap on the BBM icon? Does it open? If so, minimize it by swiping up from the bottom of the screen followed by tapping and holding the close icon (X) until the app closes. After it closes, open BBM again and see if the issue persists. Thanks!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

New Contributor

Hi TyW thanks for your reply. Actually i did already, holding the upper button until switch-off (it won't restart but showing 'ur device will switch off in 4..3...2...1...) and then i switched on - i saw a similar comment of yours in another post.

I tried right now to minimize, tap, hold etc.... nothing change.

Actually the picture is this: whenever i tap on BBM icon it will open and showing all the active chats, when am trying instead to open contact list, feeds, shop or else, the screen comes back to the chat list....but again if am trying to tap on any chat, nothing happen....the creen is not moving at all....  something weird, again, am able just to see any new message and even sending, but from the hub only!!! The app itself doesnt work at all...