Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for Windows Phone

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Help Us Help You

[ Edited ]

In the event you are encountering an issue, here are a few things you can do to help find a solution!

Step 1 - Understand the issue and obtain your device information

To allow others to assist, provide as much detail as possible about the issue you are encountering. For example, saying "BBM doesn’t open" helps, but providing extra detail such as "BBM opens briefly and closes with the following error" really helps! 

To get you started, here a few questions you should consider:

• When was the last time this worked?
  • What did the issue first start occurring?
  • Do you recall making any changes before experiencing the problem?
  • Does an error appear? If so, what is the error message?
  • Is the issue reproducible or does it occur at random?

On top of asking yourself these questions, provide your device model, software and os version.

Don't forget to let us know which version of BBM you are using as well! 

To get this information complete the following steps.  

1. On Start, swipe left to the Application list
  2. Tap Settings > About > More Info
  3. Identify the following: 
    • Model: e.g NOKIA Lumia 520
    • Software: e.g. Windows Phone 8.1
    • OS Version version: e.g. 8.10.12382.878

To get which version of BBM you are using:

1. Open BBM
  2. Tap laf1403635254773_lowres_en-us.png in the bottom right corner
  3. Tap Settings and the BBM version is listed on the bottom the screen,e.g. 1.0.0.13

After obtaining an understanding of what’s occurring and capturing your device details, review the supporting content below.If you are still unable to find a solution, post a new thread and provide as much detail as possible so the community can assist!

Step 2 - Check for updated software

The first troubleshooting step you should take is ensuring you are using the latest version of your device OS and BBM. If the issue persists, review the next section for help finding a solution!

Step 3 - Review Troubleshooting Content

After verifying you are using the latest version of software, review the listing below of available self-service content

BBM for Windows Phone Support Site

BBM for Windows Phone User Guide

Troubleshooting Knowledge Base Articles

<availible soon - stay tuned!>

In addition to the knowledge base articles listed above, search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base as well. To help find applicable content, start off by searching for your device platform and a few key words related to the issue you are encountering. For example, if you are having trouble sending attachments, start your search using “Windows Phone BBM attachments”.

If after reviewing the knowledge base you are unable to find an article that helps, post a new thread providing as much detail as possible so the community can assist. If a fellow community member responds and they post helps resolve the issue you are encountering make sure you click Accept as Solution.

Doing so will others facing a similar issue that stumble across your post to identify what solution helped you get up and running again!

I hope this helps – happy chatting!
TyW

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810

Re: Help Us Help You

How come I see 2 threads though?
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Heya @tezytan 

This is a single thread - I've just floated this thread so it will always appear on top of this discussion board which is why it appears 'twice'. To see what I mean, if you are using your desktop or laptop to view this forum you'll notice the floated thread has a grey background. Thanks!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810

Oh Yea.. I'm using desktop mode.. 

Oh... I see... I thought there was a error or something! alright! :smileyhappy: