Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

New Contributor
oceandigital
My Device: iPhone

Bug found in lists feature for Groups

I have been crawling the web trying to get an answer but no luck. The issue is that the lists within the groups do not function correctly for me. The list items fade out from right to left making the lists unreadable and seriously cripples the effectiveness of using the Group feature altogether. You can see a screenshot of the bug here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios-f405/group-lists-bbm-ios-867375/ I'm desperate to get this issue noticed by Blackberry so it can be fixed, I can work more efficiently and I stop looking like a fool recommending BBM to people. HEY JOHN CHEN, LOOK AT ME!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bug found in lists feature for Groups

You are nothing, if not persistent. This forum, as I just posted over on CrackBerry, is only a peer to peer forum where users just like you help each other. I don't work for BlackBerry so there is little I can do. You've reported it to the BBM folks, as mentioned in the crackberry thread. There isn't much else you can do.

I have used groups since they first added them. I rarely use the list feature, though I can see it's use for some things, so I wouldn't really go so far as to say it "cripples the effectiveness of using the group feature altogether." That's a bit of a stretch. Even more of a stretch is you looking like a fool for recommending BBM to people, especially when there were something like 10 million downloads the first day it released for iPhone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Besides, if you click on them you can view the details of the item. I'm not saying that's how it should be but it's hardly "crippled."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
oceandigital

Persistence brings results and what I can do is bring attention to the bug so it gets noticed by someone who can make a difference. It is broken, I'm not sure why that's acceptable to you but I would like to get it fixed so please refrain from making my topic seem irrelevant.
Guru I
John_Clark

John_Clark wrote:
Besides, if you click on them you can view the details of the item. I'm not saying that's how it should be but it's hardly "crippled."

I'm wondering where I said it was acceptable...quite the contrary.  It's still hardly "crippled."

Guru I
John_Clark

There was an update for BBM today. Did it help any with the lists?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I just checked my Z30 BBM Group Lists... no problem, no fading, the world is not ending.

Try setting your font size smaller.

good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
oceandigital

[ Edited ]
I have tried setting fonts smaller but it doesn't work. As far as I know this issue has only been found so far on 4S iPhones. Thanks John, I tried the latest update but no luck.
New Contributor
oceandigital

To be clear, I set the fonts to the smallest size and restarted the phone but there was no change. What I did notice is that the fonts in BBM did not get smaller. If you can help or have experienced the same problem please let me know on this forum so the issue can be solved. If you can't help then there is no need to leave any comments that might take this discussion off topic. This is about a bug in the groups list feature on BBM for iPhone, not a Z30 or any other device.