Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4s
My Carrier: Vodafone

Contact Category won't delete

Before I had the iphone 4s I had a curve 9300, the newest update for the app brought back the contact categories I had on my bb. I had 2 categories (male and female) and I now do not want any extra contact categories but the default one. I deleted the female category by holding down on it and pressing delete. The same doesnt happen for the male category. I had to create a new category called contacts and move everyone there. All new contacts I add go straight into 'male'. How can I delete this and bring back the default category?
Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Contact Category won't delete

Sounds like "male" IS contacts (it's just renamed "male")  I'd rename your contacts category to "old", rename "male" to contacts, then move everyone into contacts.  (then delete the empty "old" category)

New Contributor

I tried this but I cant rename 'male' either, nothing happens when I hold down on it. Its always underneath my other category no matter what it's called aswell.
Super Contributor

Yep, "male" is contacts (mine won't let me rename contacts. I'd still move everything into this category and delete the other one. You could try an uninstall/reinstall at that point to see if it fixes the naming for contacts (which can't happen as long as you have another category called contacts). I'd also report this via the blackberryhelp twitter acct.
You are running 1.0.3 bbm client, correct?
Failing the reinstall, you'll have to live with your contacts category being called "male" until they fix the bug.
Super Contributor

New Contributor

I'm running 1.0.3.120. Thanks for the help, i'll try everything you've said
My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

What exactly is the symptom ... do you edit the contact, tap "Delete Contact" at the bottom, and then have the stubborn contact refuse to leave?

Are you using iCloud contacts?  Are you using some other method of sharing contacts with other devices and/or people?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

That is exactly what is happening on my phone.  I cannot delete contacts and half my contacts are linked to eachother and when I try to unlink them, nothing happens.  They stay linked! I'm getting frustrated as I'll have somebody calling me but a different name will show up on the caller ID.